QUICK STAT

Quick Stat:

Powered by: CostofWedding.com

Sunday, May 18, 2008

I'm no genius.....

This is my first post on my first blog. I am not a whiz kid of any kind when it comes to computers, that would be my brother Tom. I am not a whiz kid of any kind when it comes to building airports, that would be my brother Ken. I am not a whiz kid of any kind when it comes to the bridal industry, that would be my wife Anita.

My wife, Anita, has been working hard to support her business, our business, Koziol Kreations for about 6 months now. Her dedication to this has been absolutely incredible. She has no idea that I created this blog. I will tell her once I complete this first post.

For those of you that do not know anything about our business, let me tell you a little bit. Koziol Kreations started as a dream. Anita had been talking about starting our own business for some time. She always loved to create things and help people plan special occasions. Anita is of the Greek Orthodox faith and decided to start this business based on the need for a local store that could service the needs of Orthodox weddings and baptisms.

It really started about 7 years ago with our own wedding at the Annunciation Greek Orthodox Cathedral in Chicago. It was difficult to find anyone that carried the traditional items such as stefana (wedding crowns), lambades (candles), stefana trays, etc. In fact, there was only one store that carried them and they were 50 miles away from where we lived. The local Greek Store that Anita and her family had been loyal to for over 30 years. It was time for change. Anita began making the stefana, boubounieras (favors) and other items herself.

Koziol Kreations also provided the traditional items for Greek Orthodox baptisms, including the complete baptismal box. The complete box is a sturdy cardboard that is nicely decorated to keep for years. We also offer unique special occasion favors and bridal party gifts.

In January 2008, we met with David Gaffke in West Dundee for a tour of a building that would become The Complete Bridal Salon and Plaza. We knew immediately that we could not let this opportunity pass us by. Our new location...our "store" has been opened since January and as really started to flourish. The salon is located at 121 W. Main St. (Route 72), West Dundee, IL 60118. Feel free to stop by and see her. Or you can call her at 815-861-3478. Or you can view the website at www.koziolkreations.com.

I am so proud of my wife for following her dream and starting this business. I know she will do well and continue to expand her line of products. Please look back to this blog frequently as I will continue posting as new and exciting things happen.

1 comment:

Anita said...

Thank you so much for all of your kind words and your belief in me. This all couldn't have happened if you didn't believe in our dream. You definitely don't give yourself enough credit. You are a wonderful man who I am so lucky to have found. The faith and belief in each other is what gets us through. This is a wonderful journey that we have embarked on and I am thrilled to be going on it with you and our family. Our dream is real and it is all because of your belief in me and us. Thank you again. You are my everything. Thanks for taking this leap with me, for making our dreams a reality. I love you!